Saturday, May 05, 2012

Obama's Ohio Rally May 5

Replays are already posted here. Obama nailed it out of the gate -- his first campaign rally. His theme: we're going to keep moving forward, keep progressing. We can't go back to the republican ways. Obama said it's still about hope and change. Love the color of the signs, too. Bright, cheerful.
I wonder what the Romney theme will be? May the rich live long and prosper, for we all depend on their superiority and graciousness? The Romney camp has to be a little concerned after this rally, considering their candidate is a hollow tube.
In typical Obama style, he didn't demean Romney:
"Governor Romney is a patriotic American who has a wonderful family, who has much to be proud of. Ran a financial firm and a state. But I think he has drawn the wrong lessons from his experiences,” Obama said to the 14,000 at Ohio State University’s Sottenheim Center. msnbc
Prior to the rally, republicans released a mocking statement, which when you watch the video, makes the republicans look silly:
Ohio, thanks for the tepid welcome. I know I'm not as popular here as I once was, so I'll take what I can get," the RNC said in the imagined speech. "It turns out the hope and change I promised didn't work out. So, we've launched a new strategy: hype and blame," the RNC's email read. Reuters
During the rally, Romney's bus parked in the parking lot of Obama's rally. Hoping to find run away Obama supporters

Full video:







Backstage: